We are full swing into engagement session season and I love seeing the outfits my sweet couples choose! Everyone has their own style that reflects them as a couple. I am quite often asked “What should we wear?” so I’m happy to compile a quick list of tips and inspiration from my couples below.
Here is the advice I always offer on What To Wear for your Engagement Photos:
- Feel free to plan on wearing 2 outfits! One can be casual and one can be a bit more dressy to add variety to your session.
- You don’t need to match each other perfectly. Choosing outfits and accessories that coordinate is better! Complementary > matchy matchy! A great way to coordinate is selecting outfits from the same color palette.
- Graphics can be a bit overwhelming/distracting but most patterns are just fine!
- Accessorize (and layer if the weather permits) to personalize your outfit. Bold necklaces and scarves are so fun! This is wear that color palette comes in 🙂
- Feel free to get your hair and makeup done. You know how amazing you feel when you get all dolled up so it’ll definitely boost your confidence for the session!
- Be true to you! Make sure what you’re wearing makes you feel comfortable and downright amazing! Once again, that confidence will definitely come across in your images!
Most importantly of all, just relax and take in the experience! I love to make it easygoing and fun! I blogged some helpful posts about engagement sessions so visit them out below:
Check out some engagement outfit inspiration from my amazing couples. They were comfortable, accessorized and true to their style! I hope this post helps you in tour engagement session planning 🙂 Feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!