Most people have a bucket list, right? You know, the list of fun and adventurous things they’d like to do before they kick the bucket! As eerie as that sounds, it’s pretty cool to think about! My life bucket list includes things like go skydiving, go on a safari, meet Channing Tatum.. you know, the usual stuff. I thought it’d be fun to list my wedding photography bucket list right here on the blog! I love the idea of getting this list out of my head and putting it out into the world. It’s also nice to have a hub of dreams to look back on as the years go by. Below you’ll find places and themes I’d love to shoot (including ongoing updates with where I’ve been)! If you’re a bride and your wedding falls into any of these categories, please reach out! I’d LOVE to chat about your unique day and there could be a discount or incentive with your name on it! 🙂
On to the bucket list!
Destination Weddings (not necessarily limited to these specific places)
- Hawaii! Hands down #1 on my bucket list! We took our favorite vacation ever there in 2012 and the culture is just amazing (not to mention it’s absolutely beautiful). The name of our hotel (Hale Koa) inspired us in so many ways and we ended up naming our son Koa 🙂
- Aruba (CHECK! Check out Elizabeth & Joe’s Aruba wedding! And I would love to go back!)
- Smokey Mountains (CHECK! See Brooke & Travis’ North Carolina wedding in the mountains!)
- The Dominican Republic
- Costa Rica
- The Bahamas
- Saint Lucia
- The Cayman Islands
- Disney World
- Las Vegas
- The Outer Banks, North Carolina (CHECK! Loved Kacey & BJ’s Sanctuary Vineyards wedding!)
- New York City (I shot Darryl & Sandra’s Central Park anniversary session last year, yay!)
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Harry Potter themed wedding (a close second on this overall list!)
- A wedding in the woods/forest (oh hey, Twilight)
- A Disney themed wedding (CHECK! Chelsea & Jaine’s Founders Inn wedding had a Tangled theme!)
- A zoo wedding
- A carnival/fairgrounds themed wedding
- A bride wearing a colored wedding dress
- A rooftop wedding
- A celebrity wedding (how fun would that be?!)
That was SO fun and freeing to share my wedding photography bucket list and I love updating this! Are you planning a wedding that falls into my bucket list? Well 1) You are awesome and I like that you go for what you want in life and 2) Contact me so we can chat all about it! If you think we’d be a great fit but don’t see your location or theme listed above, feel free to reach out! I would love to hear all about what you’re planning for your special day 🙂
Liked this post? Here are some other posts you may love!
To view recent weddings, click HERE.
To view recent engagement sessions, click HERE.